Youth S.H.A.R.E. Staff
Nancy Chamberlain, M.S.
My love for the outdoors has led me to a major in Recreation & Parks. Endorsed by the American Canoeing Association to be a Canoe Day Trip Leader, I am excited to get out on the river and have a safe, but great time. I am enthusiastic about getting Camp M.O.R.E. wildlife certified through the National Wildlife Federation & building bat boxes. My other passions include swimming, softball, geocaching and outdoor photography…have telescope…will travel!
Youth Share, Inc. and its summer camp program, Camp M.O.R.E, is committed to hiring quality and qualified staff. In order to protect the interests of Youth SHARE and the families and children it serves, all staff and volunteers undergo stringent qualifications review and a comprehensive background check before programming begins.
- All staff members and volunteers are required to undergo a 5 panel drug test, social security confirmation, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry and driving records check.
- All staff members are required to have a current first aid and CPR certification at the beginning of programming. They may participate in either the American Red Cross (americanredcross.org) or American Heart Association (aha.org) training programs.
- Designated staff may be required to maintain Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification as a term of their employment. They may participate in the Wilderness Medical Society (www.wms.org/), SOLO Wilderness Medicine (www.soloschools.com) or Wilderness Medical Associates (www.wildmed.com).
- Designated staff may be required to maintain a Missouri Food Handler’s license.
- Staff will have the opportunity to participate in an eight (8) day training programming. Volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in a one-day training program side by side with staff.
Youth SHARE, Inc. values academic and development of young professionals aspiring to work in the leisure services industry, environmental industry or youth services industry. In order to support these goals, .Youth SHARE, Inc. participates in formal internship programs with major universities and community colleges nationwide to provide suitable internship opportunities for college students. Interns are employees of Youth SHARE during their internship period and are qualified in the same manner as non-academic employees. Interns report their contributions and performance to their academic advisors during the internship placement. Youth SHARE, Inc. encourages all young people to pursuit their academic goals and achieve their dreams. Youth SHARE welcomes the opportunity to be a part of these aspirations.